6. I cannot bear the noise of my brother’s radio; it _______ me from my work.
A. disturbs B. perturbs
C. interrupts D. distracts
7. Some people think that the great Chinese scholar Confucius, ______ lived from roughly 551 to 479 B.C., influenced the development of chopsticks.
A. that B. which C. who D. what
8. A new study says that for many years, immigrants ______ the New York’s economy remain strong.
A. help B. have helped
C. helped D. had helped
9. Jam Hsiao was ______ to be included in Taiwan’s textbook because he managed to make it to the top against all odds.
A. picked B. optioned
C. selected D. elected
10. China’s first aircraft carrier, _____ as long as 304 meters, was handed over to the People’s Liberation Army Navy in 2012.
A. measures B. measured
C. to measure D. measuring